Goals of Education
The Melbourne Declaration on Educational Goals for Young Australians states that “All young Australians” become successful learners, confident and creative individuals, and active and informed citizens. Therefore, education has more than one goal.
At Black Forest Primary School we are concerned about the WHOLE child and educators therefore plan for:
- Intellectual goals the kinds of thinking that help children to learn and live successfully
- Dispositional goals the kinds of ‘habits of mind’ that help drive deep learning
- Social emotional goals the well-being and sense of self and others that promote full active lives and positive relationships
- Physical goals the kinds of skills and development that help children learn and to live active, healthy lives
- Academic goals the kinds of knowledge and skills that help children success in school and life
Black Forest Primary School provides high quality learning that cultivates and embodies the school values of Creativity, Collaboration, Respect, Responsibility and Endeavour. We support a culture of innovative teaching and learning to ensure our students are prepared to succeed as active and engaged citizens.
Click on the Heading to Navigate to more learning pages.